Beneteau Oceanis 440 | For Sale
Beneteau Oceanis 440
Make and Model: Beneteau Oceanis 440
Designer: Bruce Farr
Year Built: 1995
Hull Material: fiberglass. Cleaned and waxed March 2014.
LOA: 43 ft. 8 in.
Beam: 14 ft.
Contact Us for more details
Four Cabin Layout
The current owner purchased the sailboat in February of 2014 and has since then been upgrading systems and enjoying it with his family and friends. This boat includes a hard to find four cabin layout which offers plenty of room for family, friends and/or crew.
The previous owner spent a year and a half sailing up the Caribbean chain of islands while he outfitted the sailboat for a trans-Atlantic crossing. He toured the Med and sailed back down to the Caribbean. This sailboat design is a proven model for this type of cruising. Subsequently, the boat has a great deal of safety gear for emergencies and for peace of mind. A list is provided in the specifications section.
Each of the 4 cabins has room for 2 persons with a double bed in each of the two forward cabins and queen size beds in the two aft cabins. There are two heads, one port, one starboard, and these are accessible from the main saloon area, as well as privately from each of the aft cabins. For additional sleeping the table in the saloon drops down to make another large bed providing total sleeping accommodations for 10 people.
The designer did a splendid job creating storage places throughout the boat. Personal items fit in a variety of spaces in the cabins and food, tool, or miscellaneous storage are abundant in the galley and saloon areas. The chart table has a lid that lifts to provide space for charts, log books and other important navigational items. In the cockpit the bench seating lifts to provide large dry storage for line, anchors, boat supplies, fuel tanks, snorkeling gear, or any other items that might be arranged to be there. Also in the cockpit a large deep storage locker under the starboard aft seat fits long and bulky items such as dingy oars, deck brushes, fenders and buckets. On the port side is a locker for the cooking gas tanks. The swim step also has large storage bins each side of the swim ladder. Up forward in the bow area is a very large and deep locker accessible through a newly replaced hatch that can store just about anything from sails to suitcases.
Full Yacht Specs
- Make and Model: Beneteau Oceanis 440
- Designer: Bruce Farr
- Year Built: 1995
- Hull Material: fiberglass. Cleaned and waxed March 2014.
- Hull #: 01440851444016508099. United States Coast Guard Registered Vessel.
- LOA: 43 ft. 8 in.
- Beam: 14 ft.
- Maximum Draft: 5 ft. 9 in.
- Displacement: 20,500 lbs.
- Ballast: 7,055 lbs.
- Keel Type: Fin
- Anti-fouling history:
- March 2014: Sanded to epoxy coating layer. Primed with Interlux Primocon. Applied Micron 66 ablative (soft) paint; 2 coats on all areas; 5 coats on tiller and keel. 3 coats on waterline.
- November 2012: Peeled and did osmosis treatment with epoxy resin coating. Painted with Seahawk Island 77 hard paint in Trinidad.
- Main: In-mast roller furling with Doyle sail in good condition with telltales installed. Sail about 7 years old.
- Genoa: Pro-Furl with 130% sail with new sun protection strip added in 2012.
- Spinnaker: BM Sails. Luff = 60’8″; Leech = 57’8″ Sail angle on the head = 80 degrees; 1.5 oz. weight on fabric
- Storm sail: Foot= 10’2″, Luff=19’2″, Leech=14’6″
- Others: Extra Main Johnson Sails. Foot = 16’3″, Luff = 47’0″ and Leech = 45’6.”
- Fuel: 1 stainless steel 52.6 gallons (200 liters). Pulled out and cleaned Fall 2013.
- Freshwater: 3 tanks for a total capacity of 206 gallons (785 liters); port and starboard tanks 67 gallons each (255 liters), bow tank 72 gallons (275 liters).
Anchor and Rode Specs
- Bow: Delta 35 lbs. anchor: 125 ft. of chain, 100 ft. of line.
- Secondary Bow: Danforth 44 lbs. with 31 ft. of chain and 122 ft. of line.
- Electric windlass in bow compartment.
- Stern: Danforth type with chain and line.
- Standing Rigging: All inspected in December 2014 and found in good condition.
- Mast: Z-Spars aluminum keel stepped.
- Backstay: double backstays installed new in 2012.
- Winches: 2 Lewmar Evo 54 Stainless steel 2 speed; 2 Lewmar Evo 40 Stainless steel 2 speed.
- Fire Extinguishers: 3
- Fire Blanquet: 1
- Life Preservers: 10
- Man-over-board pole: 1
- Man-over-board life preservers: 2
- Life raft: 6 person Plastimo Trans Ocean, re-certified in May 2013. Sunbella Pacific Blue canvas cover in Feb. 2015.
- Emergency Tiller.
- EPIRB: ACR Global Fix Pro. New in 2012.
- Horns: manual and compressed gas.
- Flares: Orion kit. New 2012.
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- Carbon Monoxide alarm: 1 in galley area, new Fall 2014.
- Gas alarm: 1 in galley area. Detects propane and natural gas. New Fall 2014.
- Make and Model: Yanmar, 4 JH2E 4 cylinder freshwater cooled, 56 Horsepower. Serial number: 08099
- Year Built: 1995
- Alternator sheave: 2.75 inches, engine sheave 5.0 inches
- Propulsion: 3 blade fixed. Cutlass bearing replaced on November 2012.
- Engine Alarms: Water temp, Oil pressure warning lights.
- Fuel Filter and Raw sea water strainer.
- Transmission: Kanzaki KBW20
- Cabins: 4 total; 2 forward and 2 aft. Parallel layout for forward cabins and aft cabins.
- Heads: 2 with showers. New toilets installed in 2013.
- Galley: on port side
- Stove and Oven: Plastimo 4500 using propane or butane. Installed new in May 2013. 2 aluminum propane tanks new from 2013. Pressure gauge new from 2014.
- Stainless steel sinks: double layout. Manual saltwater pump for galley sinks installed new in 2013.
- Pressurized freshwater for galley and heads with filter for galley valve.
- Refrigeration: freezer and refrigerator driven from engine cooled via cold plate.
- Ventilation: all cabins and main saloon have high-efficiency multi-speed fans.
- Lights: all lights in the interior have been replaced with high-efficiency LEDs; ceiling LEDs for cabins and saloon and reading LED lights for cabins. All are new from early 2015.
- Water heater tank: 6 gallon capacity. stainless steel. New in April 2015.
- Saloon Table: sanded and re-furnished in 2014.
- Cabin exterior walls and closet exterior walls painted in 2014 and 2015.
Head Sail –
- Head sail furling line: 10 mm (ca. 3/8″) New England Sta set blue color (Dacron double parallel core) with 93 ft. in length. New installation in 11/2014.
- Head sail sheets: 15 mm braided with 42 ft. in length.
Main Sail –
- Main sail outhaul line: 10mm (ca. 3/8″) New England Sta-set blue color. New installation in 7/2014.
- Main sail furling line: 8mm New England Sta set (Dacron double parallel core) red color. New installation in 7/2014.
Spinnaker Sail –
- 2nd halyard: 12 mm (ca. 1/2″) New England VPC red fleck (core of blended Vectran and polyolefin with a polyester cover) with 109 feet. Installed new on 11-2014.
- Sheets: 1 line at 3/8″ with 54 ft. in length white color, 1 line at 3/8″ with 84 ft. in length white color with blue stain.
- Dock lines: new 2014.
- Fenders: 6 with canvas covers. Covers new in Feb. 2015.
- Dinghy: 11 ft. inflatable AB AL320. New Sunbrella Pacific Blue canvas cover February 2015.
- Dinghy Motor: Tohatsu 18 hp with gas can. Sunbrella Pacific Blue canvas cover new 2015.
- BBQ: Magma portable with rail mount, propane gas operated.
- Flag Halyards: port and starboard sides. New in 2014.
- Miscellaneous cleaners, spare parts for engines and other areas.
- 110 AC shore power. New 30 amp cable in 2014.
- 12 volts DC with panel. New breaker LEDs bulbs replaced Dec 2014.
- House battery capacity: 3 deep cycle Trojan SCS 225 batteries rated at 130 amps hours each for a total of 390 amps hours. All new in 2012.
- Engine battery: 1 Delco battery. New in 2012.
Electronics and Navigation
- Compass: 3 total; 1 cockpit manual, 1 electronic in GPS, 1 electronic in autopilot.
- Wind: wind direction indicator on top of masthead.
- VHF: 1 Standard Horizon GX2150 with AIS as main station (new 2012), 1 handheld VHF Standard Horizon with GPS connected to AIS in main station (new Dec 2014). External remote VHF Standard
- Horizon Remote microphone RAM3 at cockpit with full functionality. External Standard Horizon 10 watts marine VHF speaker. All these new in Dec. 2014.
- VHF antenna: Mertz sailboat model with lifetime warranty installed at masthead; new Dec 2014. All new gold plated connectors at antenna and VHF main station. New RG-58x coax cable run with no
- cuts in between. Tested to 30-40+ nautical mile range.
- GPS: 1 NAVMAN 5500i Chart-plotter with updated charts in 2013 for Mediterranean to Azores, U.S.A. East Coast and Caribbean.
- Autopilot: Raymarine ST6002
- Depth Sounder: Raymarine ST40
- Marine Stereo: Dual band radio, CD, ipod. Installed new 2012. Marine grade speakers.
- Navigation Lights: Dual red-green bow LEDs, white stern LEDs. Steam light halogen. All new in Dec. 2014.
- Anchor Light: programmable multi-function LED. New Dec 2014
- Deck Light: halogen. New in Dec 2014.
- Cockpit Lights: multi-switch for LED lights for red or white. Also, red LEDs for instrument panel. All new Dec 2014.
- Interior red or white LED lights designed for night navigation.
- Barometer: brass manual.
- Wireless and Ethernet long range antenna. New 2014.
- Material: fiberglass.
- Swim Platform: stainless steel ladder with new steps.
- Opening portholes: 5 on each side.
- Hull port glasses: 4 on each side.
- Deck hatches: 6 total; 3 forward hatches Lewmar Ocean Trim. New in 2013.
- Cockpit Cooler: located on table console additional insulation added in 2014.
- Bimini Top Canvas: new in 2013.
- Dodger Canvas: Owner custom designed Sunbrella Pacific Blue which integrates life preservers under canvas. New in March 2015.
- Dinghy motor davit: new line installed March 2015.
- Lifelines: all stainless steel.
- Sunbrella Pacific Blue canvas covering from front shrouds to dodger for shade while at anchor. New in Feb. 2015.